Monday, October 09, 2006

Another year older, another year closer to God

33 and I met today. She's not so bad. Not too much to report. Woke up around 8:15 at my parent's. Fed and walked Chauncey the Corgi, made (frozen) pancakes for the Babcia. Packed up and was on the road by 10. I got some tasty treats (although no cake) for myself at Whole Foods, and tried to find outfits at TJ Maxx but came away with a lone pair of pants. Then I went to the gym. Now I'm home and embarrassed to admit that I am being kept company by a rerun of Reba, on Lifetime.

It does sound a wee bit like a pathetic birthday, but really I had a bunch of mini-gifts all weekend long -- a visit with Cousin Molls and baby Trevor, who had picked me out a nifty card, the aforementioned hike, a dinner out with the Babcia (she treated) on Saturday night, and then lunch and apple picking on Sunday with OSB (who gave me a funky apron)and her baby, and the Babcia. It was Ella's (the baby)first time apple picking, and she managed to get a chunk of apple flesh out using only her two front teeth and her baby power.

I feel a wee bit sad to not have anyone with me tonight but overall I'm excited for the next year of my life, because I've got the feeling some pretty big, exciting, excellent things are coming.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Once again: happy birthday, dear McP!

9:30 PM, October 09, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday McPolack and I too feel sure that good things are coming your way this year ...

5:03 AM, October 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday M! I remember when you were just a wee baby of 27!

7:50 AM, October 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home