Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Agony and The Ecstasy...

...of the Market Basket.

So stupid me went to the Basket at one of the busiest times possible -- early on a Sunday afternoon. What can I say? I needed groceries, and I was out late last night at a holiday party, and so my day got started late.

Anyhoo. I mentally prepared myself while driving there...don't get mad...don't get mad...I repeated to myself over and over. And then I was patiently waiting FOR A WHILE for a parking spot and someone stole it from me, right in front of me.

Unbelievable.

I got out of my car and yelled at her. Not a crazy yell, just a "Hey, that wasn't nice" holler. She ignored me. So I called her a bitch. What can I say? Then I got in my car and waited for yet another spot.

I of course felt like an ass for turning nasty, even if it was just for a minute but then when I came out of the Market Basket, I helped an older Greek lady back her car into a parking spot and she was just so happy. "What a beautiful day!" she proclaimed, after smiling and thanking me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

Digging the weekend posts!

1:05 AM, December 11, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks!

7:39 PM, December 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home