Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Aaaaaahhh

I am breathing the sweet sigh of relief that can only come from the completion of a project. Today I not only finished updating a this-and-that project that involved spending eight business days trying to gather information from a few dozen people and institutions of various levels of muckity-muckness, I also finished my first knitted hat! It has a pompon on top of it and it's pink. I think I might give it to McMumsy.

In other news, well, holy hell, I went out with the Architect again last night. He had e-mailed me a few weeks ago apologizing for not being in touch sooner, and when he e-mailed yesterday I, sucker for his hotness that I was, broke the lady dating rules and agreed to go out on a date occurring less than 12 hours from when the invitation for said date was sent.

Or was it a date? We went to see an Australian author of mammoth novels do a reading. Only the author didn't bother to show up. So we were left wandering another independent ciy bookstore. I think at one point the Architect was sniffing me. I did smell pleasant. He on the other hand was a tad odiferous and apparently has not gotten a good night's sleep in three years. After the bookstore we went across the street where he watched me eat a meal I paid for. I asked him out for next week but he has not responded. I do not know what I think of him save that I am curious to get to know him better before making any sort of a decision.

OK honestly mostly what I am is irritated, because come-fucking-on! I'm smart, I'm funny, I'm pretty, I'm unique, and I can balance the entire weight of my extremely fit body on my shoulders. I should be beating the men off with sticks. Or else breaking their arms with my thighs.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Maybe you should beat them off with your hand, like the other girls do.

Also, he doesn't sound good enough for you by a LONG shot. He is smelly and he wears silly hats. You smell lovely, and I owe you your mittens.

7:52 PM, March 07, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Say, thanks! I think I agree with you and with the friend who told me this before I went out with the A again and then I ignored that friend's advice and went out with him anyway. I blame my loins. Which got nothing out of it in the end.

Hey, if you're free next Wednesday, want to go to a Stem Cell Research forum at Harvard? One of their researchers was named a sexiest man alive by People magazine. Also there's free "light refreshments."

8:56 PM, March 07, 2007

 
Blogger Teri said...

People throw around this LOL thing like nothing, but you should know that I actually did laugh out loud at:

I did smell pleasant. He on the other hand was a tad odiferous and apparently has not gotten a good night's sleep in three years.

Any guy who watches you eat a meal you paid for does not deserve to be beaten off in any way. Sorry, I'm just old school like that. ;)

11:18 PM, March 07, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - I LOLled too. I also agree that this man is not worthy of your pleasant-smelling self and should be dropped immediately from your radar. Your loins deserve better after all.

8:50 AM, March 08, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

cuarentayuno, I miss you too! And L2 just gave notice at you know where. He's got a new job in Virginia. And OSB's sister in law is marrying Z's best friend halfway up Mondanock next week...

xxxooo
mcp

8:55 PM, March 11, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home