Thursday, February 22, 2007

Strong Like Bull

I have grown to accept the broad shoulders passed down to me by generations of sturdy peasants and have spent the last couple of years stretching them and making them ever stronger. While working out at the Y in Albany with JoyceFrances last weekend on this wacky pectoral machine I noticed that I had some barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrely noticeable vein action. I thought it looked good.

And then tonight, in yoga, ahhhhhhhhh, the Holy Grail was (semi) achieved for me: Forearm Stand. I managed to get up into it, albeit with the yoga instructor holding my hips, and stay in it for several breaths. Honestly I was a little giddy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Strong like ox is more like it! Are they stronger than bulls??Good for you!! I wish I had some of that strength!

6:42 PM, February 22, 2007

 
Blogger Teri said...

Gawd, that makes me want to do yoga sooo badly. You go girl!!!

Vein action: cracked me up. I bet it looks rad. I got some vein action on my legs - the bad kind.

12:39 PM, February 23, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home