Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Today on the T there was a busker with an amp and a plug-in acoustic-style guitar. He was singing Beatles songs. In a thick Spanish accent. "Hecher, dehr, ahnd everywhere" in a high, pretty voice. I felt like he should have been wearing a giant hat and serenading me. It made me giggle.

Lately the T has not been making me giggle because lately it has been late a lot. But then I remember hey at least I'm not getting blown up, and I'm happy again.

And when I think that tomorrow any snow we get is going to be washed away by horrible pouring rain, like buckets of shit-ass freezing-cold, wind-driven, spit of the Abominable Snowman rain, I think, at least I don't live in upstate New York.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nonsequitur said...

Lovely post title, I just barely re watched The Princess Bride for the umpteen bazillionth time last week, such a classic! At least this guy was entertaining... the last time I went to Boston, 3 out of 4 entertainers in the subway areas were beyond terrible... I think that the few coins they made were out of pity. One guy didn't even put in any effort (I think he was stoned). He just sat there randomly pounding away on keys, out of sync with the demo tune that came hard-wired with the keyboard, it was very difficult to not laugh.

5:47 PM, February 18, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Good job catching the movie reference! I too obviously love The Princess Bride. And I am sorry you haven't heard any good subway music...but also not surprised...I don't understand how the whole Tracy Chapman thing happened; it must have been a total fluke.

8:59 PM, February 19, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home