Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Workhorse

I made one of the fellow party-goers at the surprise shindig I helped throw last night for L's birthday giggle when, upon leaving the party, I pooh-poohed her assistance with helping me carry my many bags by saying "It's OK. My people have been doing this for a long time."

I do definitely have the peasant build -- broad shoulders, sturdy legs capped by birthin' hips -- and it came in handy when I got home tonight, and had to shovel snow that had mixed with pouring rain to create a heavy, frigid sludge.

And now I am tired. Tired and hungry. I have guest(s) coming over at 7 for dinner. It has been a marathon week of socializing for me, a woman who normally likes to follow two nights in a row of being with others with at least one of being alone. I have plans every night this week and may drive to Albany on Friday, which would mean an entire weekend of socializing.

Of course I am grateful to have full life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home