Sunday, December 09, 2007

A You're Adorable

Check out this blog, the future home of JoyceFrance's food writings as she is thinking about going into catering. That's her in the picture. Then there's Laura's blog. Laura is an amazing writer. She's been to Yaddo. She turned us all on to Gogol Bordello. And in a small world chain of events, ran into Carmen at a writing class she took at Grub Street last weekend. Carmen told me she heard Laura talking about GB and went over to her and said "You should meet my friend McPolack!" Of course she was staying in my apartment that weekend.

Finally there's this page, which has photos taken by JoyceFrance's artist hubby Mike. One of the pictures was taken when I was visiting them in Albany; Mike was following us around silently shooting. We felt like young starlets except we were wearing our underpants.

Mike has taken pictures for this blog before. Recently, he gave me his old camera. And by old I mean fabulous, as it's a Canon EOS Rebel G with a Quantaray zoom lens. I tried to use it last night to take pictures of the spread L and I cooked up. We had spring rolls, and had set out a big white platter with carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, and shrimp on it, a bowl of vermicelli, some spring roll wrappers, homemade peanut sauce, and tofu. We had homemade cookies and fancy hot cocoa for dessert and we watched Rushmore, but I forgot to read along to the movie with the script Carmen gave me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home