Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How to know you've definitively left your twenties behind, reason # 371

When coming across the series Quarterlife on MTV you find yourself, after watching a scene where an assistant editor at a women's mag is getting chewed out for submitting an idea for a new page that covers things like poverty and politics but doesn't leave any room for advertising you take the side of the chewer because, jeebus, without advertising the magazine will fold. Pull your head out of your activist bottom and think for a minute, chewee!

And you think to yourself, welcome to adulthood, sweetheart.

2 Comments:

Blogger laura didyk said...

I totally get it. The new grown-up sensibility. also, I'm addicted to that show but I don't tell anyone.

7:08 AM, March 03, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I remember you telling me that. If it makes you feel any better, I just watched General Hospital yesterday, a show that is apparently a favorite among chimpanzees. And I've been watching GH on and off now for more than 20 years.

10:27 AM, March 04, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home