Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hungry Mountain

So I think the latest rescue (http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Two+lost+hikers+found&articleId=317217dd-1eb3-4928-9155-41afd6372313) brings the total to seven hikers who've been lost (including one who lost his life) in the Whites in the last month. A special shout-out goes to my Uncle Joe, publisher of the Union Leader, for adding the "reader comments" feature to the online version of the paper. I miss the outspoken ridiculous bitching that so many New Hampshirites are found of. The rescue efforts, including one for an ice grooming machine (the driver of said machine kicked the window out and swam up through 30 feet of frigid water, saving himself), have stirred up some piss and vinegar amongst residents of my home state. To wit: they don't want their tax dollars paying to pluck some durn fool off the side of a mountain.

Here comes my own native New Hampshirite piss and vinegarism: To the people who are pissing and moaning about paying to rescue someone off the side of a mountain, I say I don't like having to use taxpayers dollars to cover the medical costs incurred by the deleterious health effects of your choosing, instead of hiking, to sit your fat lazy ass in front of a computer, while stuffing your face with potato chips.

So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home