Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Puff the magic dragon

I'm working on a freelance article and realized this morning I'd put it off too long, which led to frenetic searching and calling and list-making, so that I remember to do everything I need to do. Lots of pressing stuff this week.

Went to the pharmacy yesterday and wouldn't you know it, the medication I was able to switch to because having health insurance meant I could finally afford it is not covered by said health insurance any longer. I got one more month because it's not the sort of thing you can just stop taking and I'm grateful for that.

Anyhoo, had dinner with friends tonight -- I made homemade pasta, homemade red sauce, salad, garlic bread, wheat crackers with goat cheese and quince jam, and tea and chocolate cupcakes with ganache and cocoa topping for dessert.

And I heard something hilarious. The subject was, not to put too fine a point on it, the latter of the two in the spit versus swallow debate. One friend said "It feels like when you're waiting for that puff of air in your eye. You're all "is it coming yet? Is it coming? Oh, why won't it come?'"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the response Samantha gives in Sex and the City when asked if she swallows. "Only when surprised". I hate that puff of air in the eye thing.

8:04 AM, February 14, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home