Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Oh Jesus

Today marks the beginning of a great experiment in my life: I'm going back to church, one mass a week, for Lent. There's a beautiful church at the top of my street and today, at noon, I'm going to go to Ash Wednesday services.

I'm doing this for several reasons, including that I've felt pulled to the Catholic church since I left it behind as a teenager, and as a sign of respect to McMumsy, who has been so helpful to me in the months since my ADD diagnosis. I feel like our whole relationship has changed for the better. And she keeps recommending church and I keep not listening. And she keeps supporting me despite my not going. So I'm going to go. When I told McMumsy this, she told me she'd done the same thing some years ago -- tried church for Lent -- and ended up getting back into it.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with all this. The Catholic church is far from perfect. But then again, so am I.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger laura didyk said...

I think that's so great. We must go where we feel pulled..especially when it's something that could potentially bring us peace, comfort, and a sense of community.

1:33 PM, February 07, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home