Friday, January 25, 2008

McPolack Recommends

I occasionally make mistakes in my quest to not spend money frivolously. Take the time I decided to forgo fancier toothpaste, like Crest, which I get for a dollar when I have coupons, for Pepsodent, which you can get for sometimes less than a dollar without coupons. I was hoping ol' Peps would have a flavor not unlike Colgate; a little gritty, not-too-sweet.

Unfortunately brushing with Pepsodent is like brushing with easy cheese. The flavor is disgusting and it stays in your mouth, so instead of morning breath you have aerosol cheese breath. But funkier somehow.

Any-HOO, this is about a product I actually like...and that product would be Ecover toilet bowl cleaner. Here are three reasons why:

1. Unlike the horrible "The Works" potty cleaner I got at Tarzhay for like a buck fifty, it does not require you to wear a Hazmat suit when using it. "The Works" has been lurking behind my loo, terrorizing the plunger, because I'm afraid if I pour it down the drain, my skin will melt off. I think I might sneak it into the store and put it back on the shelf when nobody's looking.

2. It smells like Christmas. Seriously. It's piney, but not in a fakey cleaner way.

3. Despite its being a hippy product (read: means well but does a crappy, no pun intended, job), it is good at removing the occasional, ahem, poocrete spots.

And if you don't know what poocrete is, well then you my friend are not eating enough fiber.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Oh, thank you!

"The Works" caused toxic fumes to start billowing -- BILLOWING -- from my toilet. They looked like a computerized depiction of poison in a Batman movie. Bad, bad, bad.

I'm trying ecover. Where did you get it?

10:38 AM, January 26, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ecover is Good. I've moved, by the way ...

12:17 PM, January 26, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! Poocrete. Funny!

9:18 AM, January 27, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home