Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meditation

I've been doing this more lately, which, when added in to Sunday Mass and yoga is coming close to a daily spiritual practice. I met with a friend and mentor on Sunday afternoon; we sat under a tree in Cambridge Common and talked about life. She recently lost her mother. She said that it took her mom's passing (at a ripe old age after a good long life) to really clarify for that the best way to love your mom is to live a good life and to be happy.

McMumsy stopped reading my blog because it was making her sad. I don't know what to make of this.

Anyhoo, my friend on Sunday said "Well you know what I mean, and it's harder for you because you're even more like that." What she meant was that she understood why it was harder for me in the world. The first boy I ever kissed told me "Life is going to be hard for you."

I tried out a positive affirmation meditation last night. In it, I imagined myself living somewhere woodsy, with a family -- husband, dog, kitty-cat, kids. While the husband was away at work I was working at my job, which at that moment was learning about the mushrooms that had sprouted up in the backyard overnight, after a rain. I feel guilty for wanting this and at the same time fiercely protective of it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

I think, for real, that there is a mushroom appreciation club around here. Maybe you could start with the shrooms and the rest will follow?

10:45 AM, April 22, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Why do you feel guilty for wanting that? Am I missing something? It sounds pretty damn good! I'm sorry that your mom is saddened by your blog.. my mom just found mine, and I'm saddened by that! ;)

6:39 PM, April 22, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also ask, why feel guilty for wanting that?

6:06 AM, April 23, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

om, thanks for the tip. xf and thurs, I feel guilty because I don't think society appreciates the stay-at-home mom the way it used to. But then you xianfern are one, as is one of my oldest and closest friends. You know, now that I think of it, it's a silly thing to think because I don't think either of you are doing anything wrong by staying home; I actually think you are doing something very, very, very right.

OK I am off to extricate my foot from my mouth...

3:49 PM, April 24, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home