Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spanish

So last night L and her LA friend and I went to Toro, a scene-y restaurant owned by Ken Oringer, who recently won an Iron Chef contest on the Food Network. It's a tapas place and expensive but the food was really quite delicious. Especially the foie gras. Which now that I think back on it I am hoping is from geese that are treated nice, as opposed to the usual way they are treated, which is not good. It was amazing foie gras; I closed my eyes and felt the eating of it all through my body.

Anyhoo, we also shared cheese, mussels, eggplant, pork belly, empanadas, potatoes, and roasted corn. And told stories. And then L's LA friend, while L was in the bathroom, started to ask about what I thought of him and L -- he knew that I knew he'd made at least one pass at her already and been rejected -- and I told him about her recent heartbreak and his living so far away before L came back from the bathroom. Naturally, once he went to the bathroom I told L what he'd said.

It was a little bit exciting!

Then the LA friend ended up paying for our dinner. Was part of that him trying to impress me so I would tell L to go for it? Eh, maybe, but really I think it's more that he's just a nice person. I'm just glad L is getting some happiness in her life, because she needs it.

In terms of updates on the activity of what's happening with people trying to get into my pants, well, nobody is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

oooooh. i wanted to go, but I was writing with a cold.

I recommend Grub Street classes, which always seem to be full of single men who appreciate funny women who can write. especially hotties!

12:13 AM, April 16, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home