Wednesday, April 09, 2008

West meets East

L, who is Chinese, J, who is German, and M, who is Japanese, came over for dinner last night -- homemade pasta and sauce prepared by an Irish/Polack. Daphne-Moon has met L and J before and L has even come over to visit with her while I've been away. Daphne-Moon will hang out with guests in the living room and she'll eventually come sit on the futon with me and whoever the guest happens to be, but she's pretty whiny about it. This is because I have spoiled her absolutely rotten. We're home alone together for hours at a time and I talk to her and play with her and tell her how pretty she is. She's not anti-visitors but she lets everyone know who the princess in the room is.

Anyhoo, she was really into my Japanese friend, sniffing her as soon as she came over, and sitting nearby and mewing at her and letting M scratch her back. It was the funniest thing. I think she might have thought M was another kitty, because instead of talking to Daphne, M meowed at her delicately. All the women who were visiting my home last night are catlike in their own way but I think M is the most kitty-like. Daphne-Moon certainly picked up on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ballard Greener said...

I've never read your bog before. This was the first post I've read. Through most of the post I thought you were a guy and Daphne-moon was the screen name for your new girl friend. If you re-read it from my point of view you'll understand the funny laugh I had at myself. I am releaved to now realize it is your cat....although I'm still not 100% sure.

8:20 PM, April 11, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

It is my cat, I swear! Glad to hear you got a laugh...and glad to see you've entered the blogosphere...it will be interesting to get a husband and wife perspective on raising your family.

8:56 AM, April 15, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home