Monday, March 31, 2008

Sweet November

Well it's raining again and I can't decide if it's a blessing or a curse. Would it really have been better to be in the trees of NH, having to shovel out every other day and being unable to drive safely? I will say I'm tired of having almost this entire winter act like November: rainy and cold, albeit with a little less wind.

I am battling the PMS monster today. I'm cranky! I'm sad! I pull myself out of the hole. Then, cranky! sad! Then I distract myself with work. And so on. Last night I watched Junebug, which was a sweet, quiet movie which could have done with a little less quiet and a lot more of Alessandro Nivola's naked ass. I have a busy week; a friend from Albany is coming to stay tomorrow night. She's invited me to a dinner being held by the New Yorker. She works at a yoga retreat which advertises in the magazine. I wonder what it will be like...gift bags? Adam Gopnik? Gift bags and Gopnik?

Then on Thursday I'm having friends over for homemade pasta, then the previously-mentioned book club on Saturday. Would that I were in a mood to get off my fanny and do something about all this up-and-coming. Alas I am not.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

You go to the coolest things.

12:28 AM, April 02, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home