Sunday, March 30, 2008

Destination Exercising

I arrived a bit late to yesterday's yoga class, owing to the fact that the street it's on changes names rather suddenly and I went in the wrong direction.

Still and all, once I got there, it was nifty. Turns out I can get my heels down to the ground in downward-facing dog immediately if I do yoga for two days in a row. It made me wonder about my yoga skills if I were to practice more often. Which I'd like to do. I was able to get into a lot of the harder postures, whereas a skinny young thing to my right was not. On a positive note, while I got hit up by a total weirdo after class, it wasn't like the TW sniffed me out. I was the only person left. So it can't be said that he was coming for me specifically!

Today I jogged to Harvard Square to pick up a used copy of Eat, Pray, Love, which I am finally reading, after having avoided it because SO MANY PEOPLE said I would love the book and I figured that A, I would, and B, I would hate the author, because she had ridiculous problems: she was rich and got a divorce and lost a lot of her money but immediately hooked up with a hot man who broke her heart, which was immediately followed by a book deal that allowed her to have an amazing spiritual journey around the world because, say with me: SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MONEY.

Sigh.

Anyhoo, I picked the book up in my sexywexy running tights, then ran home. I'm nearly 50 pages in already and it's pretty darn good. I'm hosting book club at my apartment this weekend; this is the book we're reading for it and I picked it. I think I'm going to make lasagna.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home