Thursday, March 27, 2008

Positive Feedback

I've been getting a lot of happy thank-you's for my work as of late; I did a recent project for my former career coach, bartering for more sessions, which I think is pretty neat, and she told me, "and I tell this to you specifically NOT as a career coach" that I am "very good" at what I do. I just need to be more business savvy and have a little bit of luck.

The business savvy is coming, slowly but surely. The luck, well, I don't know. I could use some more of it. If only there were a way to snap my fingers and let the world know if you're looking for good writing, editing, and research skills, I'm your woman. And I don't mean good in terms of I'm OK at it. I mean good in terms of I am exceptional.

I'm also still mulling how to get paid a decent amount of money for the stuff in this blog. Last night as I was falling asleep I thought "A-ha! I shall propose a three-month blogging residency at the MacDowell Colony!" And then I realized as it is an artists' retreat perhaps they would not look to kindly about my writing about my experiences there and posting it on the Internet for all to say.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you thought about 'grant writing'? i don't know what the payscale is, but it would seem to me that you could adjust your fee proportionate to the amount of the grant, and since so many do it (the writing), poorly, you would probably be an instant success.

6:44 PM, March 27, 2008

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

I think setting up a Web site is the way to publicize you? I don't know how to design one, but I think you do.

10:26 PM, March 27, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home