Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Well

I still feel thbbblpt. I had a good conversation with a friend this weekend over just how dark and miserable a cloud financial issues can create in an otherwise happy life. I don't really want to get into it, mainly because it's convoluted and complex and feels too personal to talk about, even here, the place I go to spill my guts. Also people then want to give you advice that you do not want to hear and it makes you want to give them some advice that they don't want to hear and then everyone is sad.

Also also I am tired of listening to myself whine. So instead, then, a list of happy things!

1. I am soon to be the recipient of new furniture! My sister-in-law and brother are in the process of decorating the home they bought together and my sister-in-law is very generously giving me a sleeper sofa, armchair and ottoman, and coffee table. I'm picking them up in a couple of weeks with help from a friend who has both a strapping boyfriend and a nice big vehicle.

2. On Friday if all goes well I will go to the Monadnock region of New Hampshire for the greatest rummage sale in the world, where I have in past years found a North Face puffy jacket for 10 dollars and a Pringle of Scotland cashmere sweater for a buck. The fancy summer folk and wealthy retirees deposit their leftovers in the carriage bays behind a local church and then twice a year they sell it off.

3. I happened upon two great finds at the library, the movie La Vie en Rose and the book The Naughty Bits by Anthony Bourdain. I am one of the library's biggest fans. I've got a nice Maria Callas box set out right now as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rummage sale sounds splendid.

2:44 AM, April 30, 2008

 
Blogger Teri said...

Nice! I am getting furniture soon too - almost the exact same ensemble! Hand-me-down from my sibling, as well.

Rummage sale! Yay!

Hope your thbbbblt-ness abates, my friend.

xo

2:28 AM, May 01, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home