Tuesday, July 29, 2008

All's fair in love

In the list of moral quandaries, this probably doesn't even rate but I'm curious to know your thoughts, dear readers. Last night my FOB cohost called and said there would be no show this week because, first, he wanted to see a girl he met online for a second date and she's going away for 10 days and wednesday is the only night she's free, and second, because he told her I don't like to host the show alone, to make it look like he was really giving up something important so he could go on the date. On the off chance that she or someone she knows lives in Somerville, I now cannot do the show this week because then his lie would be exposed.

My immediate reaction was that I'm not one to judge, and when it comes to meeting someone, well, that's more important. But I also felt a little irritated and asked him not to do something like that again without at least asking me first.

OK, it's a slow news day here in McPolackland. How about this?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have no response to that video.

5:00 PM, July 29, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right to be irritated and, by asking him not to do something like that again without asking first, handled it really well. I'm going to watch that video now - I may be back with a response or, like Anon, may not.

2:59 AM, July 30, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

3:04 AM, July 30, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i say host it alone.

and how many hours do you suppose the bodybuilder practiced that home alone?

7:24 AM, July 30, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

sweet jesus.

7:40 AM, July 30, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i too, am speechless...about that video!

4:25 PM, July 31, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, all!

I did not end up hosting the program...they ran some sort of education program for kids in its place, a curious choice.

joe, I think you should come up with a bodybuilding routine set to something from Xanadu and then report back to us on how long it took you to achieve perfection...

6:43 PM, July 31, 2008

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

I think it was cool of you not to host the program. But Mr. Co-host owes you MAJOR wingman time, which I told him.

I think I'm going to temple with him tomorrow, to try it out and because I feel like I need G-d on my s-de.

My friend the body builder used to do his routine to a song about Ford Trucks. It was pretty great.

4:37 PM, August 01, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home