Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fist bumping

Today in yoga the teacher asked if we wanted to do restorative stuff on the floor, due to the heat and humidity, or suck it up and sweat. Naturally we went with the latter. To get us going she had us thump every part of our body (well except our faces) using our fists. I especially enjoyed beating my own ass.

Then we got down to it and man am I an efficient sweater. That's what it's called when you start sweating immediately and copiously: efficient. It's nice to be efficient at something. My sweat was tasteless, which is a pleasant thing for sweat to be when it drips into your mouth, and I was grateful for the sweet mat-length towel my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. I was worried in a couple of poses that I was going to squirt through my own limbs like a greased pig and bang into a wall!

OK I really wasn't but it's quite the mental picture, eh?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ballard2Fremont said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:46 PM, July 18, 2008

 
Blogger Teri said...

you paint the best mental pictures!

are you doing Bikram? (the method, not the guru. now there's a mental picture for ya!)

3:33 PM, July 19, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Aw, thanks!

I do Astanga but when they don't turn the AC on it feels like Bikram.

8:51 AM, July 22, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home