Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beak to Beak

I found myself up close and personal with this last night. (Well not that exactly as it's a picture of someone else's chinchilla's schnoz, but close enough.) When I initially went to bring Harry into the downstairs bathroom for his daily exercise, he was having none of it, and tried to stuff his furry self behind his wheel. I'm not PolackPappy and he knows it.

Anyhoo, I eventually got Harry into the loo. I was laying on my stomach reading the New Yorker when all of a sudden there was Harry. He sat up on his haunches and stuck his nose with its superlong whiskers rightnext to mine. He sniff sniff sniffed and took a little nibble. "Hey!" I said. Then he bolted off.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Gawd, McPolack. Every blogger and his grandmother is writing about reading the New Yorker in the bathroom while getting bitten on the nose by a Polish chinchilla. Think outside the box, woman! :-)

2:31 PM, July 10, 2008

 
Blogger Nonsequitur said...

Ahh... I've not followed your blog much in recent months, good to see you're still at it. We just had a couple mother chinchillas give birth to a set of twins each at the shop where I work. Cute little buggers... they remind me of an exceptionally bouncy cross between a squirrel and a mouse. Not my type of pet but I appreciate them. (sorry, but ferrets just rock)... We had a "special" Chinch last year; he got named Timmy after the developmentally challenged character on South Park. He ended up being given away for free to an understanding, warm home who was happy to receive him.

11:53 PM, July 22, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home