Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thank you for being a friend...

Of the many traits Dr. Moo and I discovered we share, this is one of my favorites: When we're feeling sad and lonely we like to watch reruns of the Golden Girls. Moo and I have had extended conversations about specific episodes ("Miami is nice, so I'll say it twice", )Dorothy's weird outfits, and the Golden Palace spin-off.

For me, whenever GG is on, it brings back memories of babysitting on Saturday nights. It came on at 9, after the kids had gone to bed, and I sat in a wicker chair by an open window with a bowl of popcorn and a kitty in my lap, enjoying the freedom that comes from having a whole house, and the remote, to yourself. The show makes me feel warm and safe inside.

And now Estelle Getty, who played Sophia Petrillo, is gone. She looked a little like my Grammy Mc, with the mouth to match. Rest in peace, Estelle. You were a great lady.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home