Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It has been five days since my last confession...

One of the things I did at the retreat was celebrate the sacrament of reconciliation. You had your choice of four priests; mine was in one of the formerly seedy motel rooms.

He was also reaaaaaallllllllllly young-looking. Younger than me. I have never seen a priest younger than me before. Also? He was hot. So instead of an older white-haired gentleman in a mahogany-paneled confession booth I got to pour out nearly 20 years worth of sins and worries to a gorgeous 25-year-old while seated across from him and next to a bed.

But I didn't let that stop me. They gave us all a tri-fold brochure of categorized sins you could go through in case you couldn't think of what to say. I already had plenty of stuff I wanted to address but I'm good about getting the best use out of any given resource so I went through the list and answered yes/no/meh? to everything in there. Because I wanted to walk out of that motel room clean.

More tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home