Monday, May 11, 2009

Big Gay Al's Big Gay Flower Shop

I sent McMumsy a Barack Obama dress-up magnet set for McMother's Day. Dr. Moo actually sent flowers, which is impressive. Methinks Dr. Moo is growing up.

She ordered them from a local place whose name I shall not mention but whose aesthetic I most definitely shall. And I shall call it Queer-a-rific. This is the same shop that, 'round Christmastime, glues glittered feathers to ornaments and calls it sculpture. And McMumsy, and other ladies of her ilk, buy those sculptures.

Dr. Moo, McMumsy and I visited the shop the day after Christmas. I keep rewriting this post trying to describe what it was like, and the best I can come up with is, imagine Talbots, but Divine works there, and there are Talbots clothes and there are Divine clothes, and the ladies that normally shop at Talbots let Divine put outfits together for them.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyhoo. Moo was worried a glittery feather or two might have made its way into the bouquet and she wanted McMumsy to take a picture of it so she could see what the flower shop had wrought. Turns out while the arrangement was asymmetrical, there was nary a speck of glitter to be seen.

There were lilacs, which impressed us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home