Thursday, September 03, 2009

Getting It

So today I had a couple of aha moments. The first was this morning, in yoga, where I managed to suspend myself upside down in the middle of the room, for juuuuust long enough to get an idea of what your body is supposed to feel like in handstand. I wanted to keep trying and trying, but all things in good time. Later, I nearly kicked the head of the lady next to me while trying this pose.

The second aha moment involved sigur rós (careful! there's a naked bum on their home page). I have to admit I never understood what anybody saw in this band. I figured I just wasn't stoned or sophisticated enough to appreciate them. I think instead of weed or the conservatory what I needed was time. I listed to them on my ride into the office today, and, hey--I liked them, a lot. They are good for cleaning to, I think. Or meditating. Or doing crossword puzzles on public transportation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous ctale said...

woman! I walked down the aisle to Sigur Ros! And have seen them twice - they are amazing live.

this is the song from my wedding - watch this video to the very end - it will make you weepy with joy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFOvdSCOfpk

10:03 AM, September 04, 2009

 
Blogger McPolack said...

It's funny; I have a memory of your wedding day as a whole as being this ethereal, beautiful happening, but it's a visual and an emotional memory, not an aural one. It's almost a feeling.

The song does suit my remembrance of that day, though, and that video--wow.

7:00 PM, September 07, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home