Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting older...blecccccccccch

In a few short weeks, I will be 36. In the grand scheme of things, this is pretty young. In the grand scheme of my uterus, I'm like 3/4s of the way to rotten eggs. And this really sucks. I am fine with being a late bloomer; I just wish it didn't come with a biological clock. And I'm not looking for advice here. I am going through a bit of an anti-advice phase at the moment. Although maybe that's just what happens as you get older--there's only so much advice in the world on any given subject, and at some point, you've heard all of it.

I was talking with OSB about the plight of the single gal recently, and the conclusion I came to was this: everything they say about relationships is true, all the time, for someone, and not true at the same time for someone else. It's timing or it's being ready or it's fate or it's the internet or it's joining a club or it's getting fixed up. It's any and all of these things.

Really what I want in my life first and foremost is financial security. Please? I promise to use it wisely and well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

i wonder, if really, there is such a thing.

8:03 PM, September 16, 2009

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Good point. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there is such a thing as financial security, because I know people who have it. Not many people, mind you.

Of course a large part of financial security is your state of mind, but if you are one health crisis away from losing your home, well, good luck convincing yourself.

10:32 PM, September 16, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home