Monday, April 12, 2010

High art

I went to a baby shower yesterday; the mother-to-be owns three cats. As we were headed upstairs a lady in her 50s joyfully shouted "Another cat lady!" and accompanied us upstairs. No biggie-I myself yell things like "Corgi!" and, recently when I was alone in my car, "Possum!"

Once we'd met the kitties, who were being very kitty-like and refusing to let us pat them, the fellow cat-lover and I chatted about work. She'd been a freelancer for 30 years (!) before becoming a painter, and she looked well-dressed and with it.

Then she told me she knows a lady who "Owns 25 cats, and eight dogs. And 12 rabbits! And did you know when you rescue rabbits they often have companion guinea pigs?" (no) "So she has six guinea pigs. She's an artist, too, and an amazing one. She even makes art out of the rabbits' turds!"

The part about the turd-art was relayed in the same tone of voice as the rest of the tale: totally and completely seriously.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

i can't tell if you relate this story with admiration or incredulity? :)

1:20 PM, April 13, 2010

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Perhaps a bit of both, though really the incredulity is that in such a small group of ladies there was someone crazier than me.

6:35 PM, April 13, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home