Thursday, July 14, 2005

5-55

Ran a road race tonight with a friend from work. Did 5 miles in 55 minutes, which isn't bad for an, um, filly. I'm normally a 12-minute miler, so this was good for me. Also it was muggy, which can slow me down.

There was a little girl passing out freezie pops...and Artie my office mate who heard at the last minute that I would be running close to where he lives, screaming my name from a corner halfway through the race as I jogged by. Artie also gives dry willies (as opposed to wet ones, thanks for being thoughtful, A!) and can do a spot-on Ethel Merman impression. Oh, I loooooooooooooove Artie! He is a frickin' delight.

Lowlight of the race would be eating a large amount of Chinese food from Qingdao Garden an hour after running. Blech. I should have just stuck to the orange slices.

Still and all, I do love runnin'. Even if I'm slow and horsey.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home