Monday, August 29, 2005

Day Two, or, The Return of Avoidy Girl

I'm beginning my first full week of joblessness. I've got this big long list of contact people for networking and there's even a posting less than a week old looking for an elearning content developer on CraigsList and it was all I could do today to call the employment agency back that contacted me last week. I am a bit nervous about going to an agency, mainly because I bristle at the idea of making money for someone else when I could make it for myself. Also they're like the real estate agent who shows you all the shitty houses first, hoping you'll bite, only the employment agency offers you shitty jobs. But I am meeting a very salesy-sounding woman in Burlington at 1 pm on Wednesday. If they make me take a proofreading test, or, God help me, a typing test, I don't know what I'll do.

One nice side effect of being an Avoidy Girl is that sometimes I avoid certain tasks by doing others, like running six and a half miles in disgusting humidity, and washing three big loads of laundry. And refolding all of my tshirts. And reading all the sections of the Sunday NYT.

As it is now after five p.m. and I will not be able to get ahold of anyone, Avoidy Girl's new job will be to avoid putting away all the shit that is cluttering up my apartment. I've begun the Avoiding by phoning my friend OSB to tell her Oprah was talking about poop today on her show (seriously! and she had real colons, both healthy and unhealthy, for all to see. I loved it! Fiber is good for you, people. So are s-shaped dookies that slide into the terlet like a skin diver.) but she wasn't home. I wanted to tell SOMEONE about the poOprah show but everyone I know is working.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear mcpolack... you haven't changed a bit. just love talking about the poo....

6:54 AM, August 30, 2005

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

You can talk about shit with me whenever you want, my dear.

11:29 AM, August 30, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

special funny for you

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/062305/masterfece.gif

7:13 PM, August 30, 2005

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, bitter joe! I loves it.

2:55 PM, August 31, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home