Thursday, October 20, 2005

John Edwards, Senatorial Hottie

Went and saw John Edwards speak at the Kennedy School of Government today. He's on a college tour for a new poverty initiative and I got an invite to go via Move On (as I am sure all area members did).

He had some good stuff to say -- about raising the minimum wage, about how we need to band together as a nation and push for new policies at the federal government level. He is a child of the sixties and was hoping for the same grassroots activism that drove the Civil Rights movement.

The cynic in me wonders if this isn't a prelim to the next presidential race, but at least if he's doing so he's backing an important issue. I do wholeheartedly agree that we as a nation have been ignoring the poor, instead swinging our big collective dick around and whacking a lot of Iraqis and other folks in the head with it, for ill-defined reasons and with poor results. I also think that time and effort and energy can be much more valuable to give than dollars.

And, as this blog is my truth serum, I must admit that some part of me hoped that perhaps, as I sat on the lawn today looking extra-cute with my shiny blond hair and blue eyes, some hot Hahhhhhhhhhhvahd grad student might look my way. And that John Edwards is a Grade-A certified handsome may-an. Damn!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've met the Senator... he is too dreamy to be true. Senatorial Hottie indeed... *sigh*

12:26 PM, October 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home