Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shit

Daphne-Moon, my double-pawed gray ball of love and fluff, has what may be a cancerous tumor on her ear. She's had a lump on her ear for several months now. I didn't think anything of it until today, when I happened to google about it just to see what turned up. What I found freaked me out enough to call the vet. The vet looked at cells from it under a microscope and determined that they are "mast cells" and that the tumor will need to be removed -- and then sent out for biopsy.

As far as I can tell from further googling, "Prognosis of mast cell tumors of the skin is usually excellent and surgery is generally curative." It had better be, because I love that little kitty more than anything and she's not yet 8 years old. It's not her time yet.

She goes in for surgery a week from tomorrow and may end up with a wee hole in her ear.

I am going to focus on the positive. She will be just fine.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Traverso said...

She will be just fine. This isn't like people cancer. Everything I've read says that most of these growths are solitary and benign, and even if they're malignant, they don't spread unless they're really big and old.

But I understand feeling like shit about it anyway :(

8:38 PM, October 19, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home