Friday, November 04, 2005

Oh, Come On!

So I interviewed for a position at a pharma firm this Monday -- they contacted me, after seeing my resume somewhere online. How exciting, I thought -- maybe it will be like that Monster ad on the tv, where "sometimes the right job finds you."

So I go in and interview with three different people. I'm not sure about the vibe I'm getting. It's not bad but not super go-getter, either. The HR lady likes me. One girl with awful brown circles under her eyes doesn't seem so friendly, but that might just be her nature.

Anyhoo, I spend like 20 bucks on a couple of sets of nice thank you cards (sent them out yesterday) and today I get a big envelope in the mail -- there's clearly some stuff in it, more than just a sheet of paper. When I was interviewing I was told that if I made it to the second round, I would be getting a research/writing test to do. I got the fat envelope as I was heading out for a stroll -- and immediately ran back upstairs, excitedly, to open it.

Inside were some writing samples that the HR lady had inadvertenly forgotten to give back to me, and a standard rejection letter.

I understand that I am not going to get every job I interview for. But, Life, I ask you, must you constantly add a side of bitch-slap to my rejection?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home