Thursday, December 15, 2005

Christmas music that I love

In heavy holiday rotation with some McPolack notation:

A Christmas Together -- John Denver and the Muppets. Especially great is the last song. The Muppets sing "Oh bring us some figgy pudding." Miss Piggy yells "Piggy pudding?" Gonzo replies "Figgy pudding. It's made with figs." Miss Piggy says "Oh." Then Gonzo says "And bacon."

A Charlie Brown Christmas -- Vince Guaraldi Trio. I like to dance like the Peanuts while listening to this one and if I'm PMS'ing while they play the song that runs at the end of the tv special when Linus wraps his blanket around the sad-looking tree and all the Peanuts kids stick their heads in the air and open their mouths and sing, I cry.

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas -- Burl Ives. I love Burl Ives.

The Christmas Collection -- Burl Ives. See above.

Joy to the World -- Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Those Mormons may be a wacky murderous Polygamist cult, but they can sing.

James Galway's Christmas Carol. James Galway and a British chorus. I especially love the Hallelujahs on the Zither Carol. They make me feel warm and tingly.

Christmas -- Mannheim Steamroller. Just kidding. I fucking hate Mannheim Steamroller but I somehow have this cd. I like to give it dirty looks.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger K said...

OMG my sisters and I had that Muppets album - I LOVED it! I totally know that "figgy pudding" part!

8:36 PM, December 15, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the jazz to the world cd is not bad. i have the james brown christmas, which is completely ridiculous.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000540CQ/002-7598811-9432835?v=glance

10:55 PM, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger Teri said...

John Denver and the Muppets and Charlie Brown are two of my faves too!

11:39 PM, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I forgot to add I just bought a Johnny Cash x-mas cd at the grocery store for 7 bucks. A lot of it is him saying serious stuff while music that sounds like one of those background rhythms you could choose on your Casio keyboard in the 80's plays. It is horrible. Horribly delicious.

12:02 PM, December 16, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home