Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It's a three-pot night...

...on the McPolack stove. I am making shrimp in a lemon/parsley/garlic/butter/olive oil sauce with tortellini, and a side of steamed broccoli. I braved the Market Basket again today, where parsley was just 89 cents for enough to garnish the plates of an army and where I was hit upon by a man wearing sunglasses on a cloudy day who was walking a very muscular pit bull. The exchange went something like this:

1. McP *watching pit bull and thinking "gee, that is a very large pit bull. I hope that guy isn't breeding him to fight other dogs."*

2. Pit bull owner, in Spanish accent: "I like whales." Said in as dirty a manner as such a phrase can be said, and it's dirtier than you think. Was in reference to the whale on my license plate.

3. McP "That's fabulous!"

4. PBO: "Thank you. I know."

5. McP *gets in her car*

6. PBO *saunters away walking ginormous pit bull while waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatching McP get in her bitchin' Honda.*

I was wearing my new Wonderbra, which I got for only 7.99 at Marshall's. I got a lot of looks in the produce department, too. We can all figure out what the joke is there.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

They just don't sell parsley in the quantity I need. I need 3 damn sprigs, people!

I have a bushel in my fridge right now. I bought it for sauce and since I'm not also making a vat of tabouli, it wastes away.

11:41 PM, January 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home