Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Beginning

So it’s blog post number two from the coffee shop where I have come, drum roll please, to start writing my book. That’s right people, I’m doing it. I’ve taken the leap.

I made it about a half hour before I started judging myself. Judging as in: Who the hell do I think I am, doing this? And “WTF am I going to write about, anyway?” And “How much more cliched can you get, McPolack, sitting on your unemployed ass at a laptop in a hipster coffeeshop, writing a book?

But the thing is, I have to do it. I can’t seem to hold down a job; I tell everyone I meet I’m a writer and I’ve got the blog now so that’s got at least some modicum of truth behind my claim but I need to get out of my head and into reality. So I left fifteen minutes before the end of General Hospital and came here and began at the beginning, which seemed to me to be, naturally, an Introduction. Never mind that I’m not really sure what’s going to follow it. I’ve just got to get started.

And get started I have. I know I just said this a few days ago, in relation to the skiing, but yay me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Traverso said...

Yay you!!!!!

7:22 PM, March 08, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"tell what happened next."
-- e.m. forster

9:34 PM, March 08, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go mcpolack! i knew you had it in you. see, poke someone with a stick long enough...

9:51 AM, March 09, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

you go girl!

11:44 PM, March 09, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I'm proud of you, honey :)

11:28 AM, March 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home