Thursday, March 02, 2006

Funeral Party

So I'm driving to the grocery store today to pick up ingredients to make ginger cream scones for a traveling breakfast on Saturday morning when I see there's a funeral procession up ahead of me. I end up following it nearly all the way to my destination. And as I am slowly meandering behind them, I have this thought: When you die, if you choose to get buried, as part of your last hurrah you are paraded around town in the back of a big fancy car, with all your friends and family following, lights blinking. You get to go right through red lights. Then, at the end of the parade, you get flowers, and everyone talks about how great you are (well, were) and prays for you. It's actually kind of neat. I was thinking cremation would be the way to go for me when my time comes, but now I am thinking twice.

Not that I'm looking to die anytime soon! I'm just sayin'.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I want to be covered in mardi gras beads, pink flamingoes, and other cheap shiny stuff, and be buried in a piano box with a toaster over, a crock pot, some combs, books, twinkies and other packaged foods, and a dog carcass or two. I'd love it if in 10,000 years someone unearthed me and thought I was a king or some such person.

3:33 PM, March 02, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think they should have the same procession for people who chose cremation.. You wouldn't have to be driven in a hurst of course, maybe a stylish little convertible.. with your urn sitting proudly in the back seat, and all your friends following you to wherever your loved ones are going to place it.. Why should the people getting buried have all the fun??

6:10 PM, March 02, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Ooo, good idea, xianfern. It's like the best of both worlds!

And c, you are royalty in my book already.

I know, awwwwwwwwww.

9:16 PM, March 02, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I <3 McPolack!

12:37 PM, March 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home