Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hmmm

So I've been trying to do this freelance writing thing and I'm realizing I've really been going by the seat of my pants and that I am learning as I go and that there is a lot I don't know. I had a gentleman call me today who wanted me to rewrite his Web site, which I can do, and also write an employee handbook and some contracts, which I have never done before, and which I always thought an attorney should handle. So I told him I could do a, and would be happy to tackle b and c, but that he needed to call his attorney first.

And I wonder to myself, how does one get an attorney? I mean, my aunt is one so I suppose if I ever needed one myself I could go to her, and one of my mother's cousins sits on the state supreme court, but when I think about "contact your attorney" I think about television shows, and not real life.

Sometimes I wig myself out when I look at my own resume and see the fancy-pants places I've worked for. Is this really me doing this work? Am I that smart? Or is it that they, as in the they that employed me, aren't as all-out wonderful as I thought they were.

I guess what I am starting to experience is being treated as someone who is experienced, who Knows What She Is Doing. It's exciting and frightening because hey, I've done the work, but I also like fart jokes. So there's a dichotomy there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home