Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sheesh

So. I'm feeling crappy today. I just am. I'm blue. I'm questioning myself: What is the matter with me that I can't hold down a job? I'm 32. Last night I was at a party attended by 2 married couples and 2 successful gay couples, all homeowners. What do I have? A dwindling bank account. A secondhand futon I got for free from people I met at a party that I have to continually wack with a hammer to keep it together. What don't I have? Health insurance. Dental insurance. A man. A job. (I do have a wonderful kitty)

So, as I try desperately to pull myself up from the muck, searching my mind for ways to just move through this awful feeling, I think, Aha!, I will call the Babcia (my 89 year old Polish grandma, for those not in the know). She will cheer me up and I will cheer her up at the same time.

Except for that when I call her she's busy. What? How could she be busy? She lives alone and watches the tube and reads books all day, and occasionally rolls pennies into tubes. But the visiting nurses were there (they come every week) taking her vitals and so I am going to have to call her back.

Thbpppplt.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww... buck up porkchop!

hey, at least your not getting laid on that futon... you could get seriously hurt.

i know, i'm a horrible man...

12:52 PM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

sir loin, f off!

but thanks for the giggle.

2:00 PM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Oops, I meant "loins"

2:01 PM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

You have your health, your skills are increasing, and you are in a much better place today than you were one year ago. Cheer up... I think the worst has passed. And you are a better person for enduring all this bullshit. You're a strong woman, McP.

10:43 AM, February 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home