Wednesday, February 15, 2006

McFats

So when McMumsy came to visit last week and L was over and we were having dinner, she started reminiscing about when her three darling children, myself included, were born.

"You were all fat," she said. "Fat, fat, fat. And Littlebrother, my lord." My little brother, who is now maybe 6'3" and all muscle was just a ginormous little boy, with a big potato for a head and a bag of them for a body. His nickname was Friar Tuck. Mine was porkchop; luckily, my parents stopped calling me that in enough time so that I don't answer to Shake and Bake commercials. McMumsy did admit that she most likely caused my eating disorder because she was constantly battling with her own mother over what I should be fed (Grammy tended towards ice cream and hermit cookies, McMumsy towards apples and sugar-free cereal) and was freaked out that fat kids equaled fat adults.

My favorite McMumsy quote of the evening, however, would have to be this one: When Dr. Moo was born, at a healthy 9lbs 6oz, she told me she complained to my Aunt P: "Oh, great. Now they're coming out fat!"

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mine was porkchop"

pobably shouldn't have put that out there... porkchop.

11:14 PM, February 15, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Damnit!

7:28 AM, February 16, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just be thankful we don't work together anymore... as if cracksmoker wasn't bad enough.

9:31 AM, February 16, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you should shorten it to Po'chop?

9:35 AM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Yeah, cracksmoker wasn't the greatest. But Po'chop, I don't know. Only if I get to call you Sir. As in Sirloin. Heh heh!

10:24 AM, February 16, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's Sir Loins to you buddy.

10:33 AM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Oh, jesus.

10:47 AM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

Hey Porkchop! I laughed out loud when I read this post. Seriously. Will your international friends join us for the muse on Monday?

11:49 AM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I am not sure as they may need to work. But I will invite them!

12:00 PM, February 16, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home