Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Birthdays

It's a big week for birthdays in McPolack land. On Monday it was my Chinese friend L's birthday, and the German friend and I took her out for sushi. I bought her a lovely apron/potholder combo from Anthropologie and baked her a lemon cake with vanilla frosting and lovely pastel girly sprinkles. As I said to L, don't get too excited, it's from a box. But it was tasty.

Tonight it's wee Camellia's very first birthday (well, second if you count the day she was actually born) and I'm going to walk the few miles to my friend's place as it is warm and delightful out, where I will enjoy pizza and the ever-popular ritual of watching baby mash fists into cake and spread it all over her face. I appreciate a girl who likes to get into her dessert and for Camellia (as I noticed when babysitting her that books were in short supply) I have purchased a couple of board books: Harry the Dirty Dog (which is waaaaaaaaay more innocent than it sounds) and an illustrated version of a kid's song I love to sing: Baby Beluga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home