Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Gym Rat

So last night on Gilmore Girls, the first view we get of Yanic Truesdale, who plays the always-more-annoying-than-the-French French Canadien desk clerk at the inn owned by one of the two female leads, is of him bouncing up and down and up and down and down and up and...well, you get the picture.

Turns out he's doing all that bouncing to burn off the extra calories he consumed when he accidentally drank two percent milk instead of skim.

Now, while I am not quite that bananas when it comes to the state of my body, I do have an addictive personality and since I don't drink/smoke/binge/purge any more I've channeled my energy into keeping fit. Which for me means that I like to sweat, a lot, six days a week, every week.

And I like to keep fit on a schedule. Since I've started working again I've been trying to shuffle my hours so I have time to work out. I switched them yesterday so I could go to yoga, but skipped the gym because I hadn't taken a day off in awhile. As I NEVER take two days off from exercising in a row (and I'm sorry, but yoga doesn't count as exercising), this meant that today was meant to be a gym day.

I set my schedule up so I could work out in the morning. I got up early, didn't dilly-dally, and was at the gym before 8:30. And the power was out. Not only in the gym but in the building the gym is in and all up and down Mass Avenue.

Now I fully realize it is a wee bit strange to get upset about this, but g-damnit, I had my day planned! Now I shall have to go to the gym at 5:30, when it may well be filled with people. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get on the machines that I like. As I work out for 2 hours (addicts do not do anything lightly) I'll get home sometime around 8. Then I'm getting up at 6 in the morning to run.

Or maybe I'll have to shift things around a bit yet again. Yugh.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I love reading your entries! They really make me laugh. the only bad thing is that I should have gotten back to my work 15 minutes ago, but I just keep reading!
I love your family so its always great to hear funny stories about them too!

2:44 PM, May 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home