Monday, May 22, 2006

i see dead people

So after spending a lovely Saturday with KBH and her sweet baby boy (KBH to her baby: What kind of a sound does a cow make? Mooooooo! What kind of a sound does auntie McPolack make?*loud farting noise*) I retired to the McP homestead.

On my way out to pick up pizza I stopped by the Babcia's to visit for a spell. She wasn't feeling so hot. She fell last week and split her head open; she showed me the staples in her head when I walked in the door and pointed out the bloodstain on her carpet. She said she feels sometimes like someone is pushing her over.

In between watching Will & Grace (when the Karen character came on Babcia got really pissed. "That woman gets up every morning and does drugs! Drugs! And she drinks!") Babcia complained to me that little children were coming in and turning her TV on in the morning. "Why can't people just keep an eye on their kids?" she asked me. "They shouldn't be running around in my apartment."

I asked her if she locked her door at night. She said she did. Then she said that sometimes when she's laying in bed she looks out and sees her husband and her mother sitting in the living room. "There's a lot of chairs," Babcia told me, by way of explanation. I said to her gently that it sounded to me like the kids were coming from the same place her dead relatives were. I told her I thought that since she was so much older, and therefore closer to death, that maybe the veil between here and the hereafter is thinner for her, and so these people come through. I recommended that the next time she sees them she should say Hi nice to see you now please get out.

I don't know if it made her feel any better.

When I shared this story with Dr. Moo, she told me she thought the children Babcia was hearing could maybe be her two older sisters, who died in the 1918 flu pandemic. When I shared it with my Dad he said Babcia told her that her mother would just sit their and stare at her, giving her the stinkeye from beyond the grave.

Boy howdy I hope McMumsy doesn't do that to me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home