Monday, May 15, 2006

No news is no news

Blech. I am having the sort of writers block day that extends even to my blog. I think the fact that it has been raining for a week might have something to do with it.

Went to the dentist today. I go to this big place in Cambridge and I always feel like the dentists there are undressing me with their eyes. And they're all short. Short, eye-defrocking tooth doctors. Ick. But my hygenist is very sweet. She's from Montreal and has an 18 month old and is pregnant with another baby and didn't get anything for Mother's Day because her husband said "You're not my mother." That fucker. Here's a note I'm sending out via the email of the universe to the future father of my children: Try that shit with me and I'll put ground glass in your oatmeal. I'm just sayin'.

Anyhoo, the hygenist and I discussed crepes versus pancakes while I tried to avoid getting my tongue speared with the plaque-scraping thingy. She said "I do not understand why you Americans do not eat crepes."

Honestly. Who understands why we Americans do anything? We're just a bunch of wacky, unknowable imperialist bastards.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about mothers day. Someone very close to me sacrifices a lot to stay at home with her kids while she does EVERYTHING for her husband, including let him go off and play in soft ball tournamants on the weekend, AND she is a really really patient and good mother, she never complaines about not getting the things she wants because of money or time. And her husband did NOTHING for her. THe kids are to little to show their appriciation, but he is not. Mothers day is about honoring those woman who choose to be the best mothers they can for their children. And Husbands who are lucky enough to have a wife who chooses to be a mother, and especially a good one, should help out the little ones with thanking them. You know when it comes to fathers day the mothers will do something, and they should for the same reasons. I'm only pregnant with my first and I got spoiled! Anyway, I agree, McPolack, and you shouldn't settle for less!

8:52 AM, May 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home