Monday, May 08, 2006

Jurisprudence

I came home on Friday to a piece of mail announcing that had been called to jury duty...for the fourth f-ing time! Granted this is the first time in MA; the prior three were in NH, but come on! I've decided it must be because I'm a Libra. We're all about the scales. The scales of justice. Maybe I should become a judge.

In other McPolack news, life at the new job continues to be freaking bizarre. I finally asked Mr. pith helmet "So what is with the hat?"

He told me he is an anthropologist but that he'd had the hat since middle school. That was the extent of our conversation. Then I overheard him mention he had a Ph. D. and all I could think about was, you know how when you're in prison and no one in prison belongs there because they're all innocent? I wanted to tell him that I didn't hold up a convenience store either, that I was totally framed.

Another thing I have to look forward to in the job is that I may soon be having my leg humped by the office dog, as he "really likes blondes."

Great.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I bet he likes your legs too...
Mamacita!

3:33 PM, May 09, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

And is "office dog" a euphemism for, like, the mailboy or something?

;)

3:42 PM, May 09, 2006

 
Blogger Nonsequitur said...

Over the years, I've found out that every workplace have at least one employee who is irretrievably batsh*t insane. My workplace's pet whackjob frequently sees sasquatch & space aliens. He also claims that there are demons living in his cellar and that he will be the shaman who protects the Navajo Indians on doomsday (something having to do with taking them away in a spacecraft when the world ends). He also believes that homosexuality is spread via a pathogenic bacteria whose existence has been covered up by a conspiracy between the government and the scientific/medical community. I'm thinking this guy probably needs some serious medication. However, like most other working fruitcakes, he is kept because he is a good worker and does his job well. He definitely makes things more interesting.

Concerning the office dog... try pretending to be an Amway Salesman. Always works when I want to get rid of an overly amorous guy, hehe :-P.

Please do let us know if you ever get a straight answer out of Mr. Pith Helmet concerning why he wears it. :)

10:27 PM, May 09, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home