Friday, May 05, 2006

Louis Rukeyser, RIP

I just found out that Louis Rukeyser died and I feel a little sad.

Why, McPolack? you may ask. What do you care about Wall Street?

Well I'll tell you. When I was small enough that my bedtime was eight o'clock I used to lay in bed and listen the funky music from the opening credits on the downstairs tv, where my mother sat watching. When I got old enough to stay up past eight McMumsy was still watching. I'd sit in the kitchen or the dining room and listen to Louis go on about money. He was a regular part of what was an irregular childhood.

It's strange how a finance man could make me feel so warm and fuzzy. Then I read this quote in the WSJ:

His program's format was comfortable and familiar, like a big easy chair at the end of a tiring workweek.

I guess he made a lot of folks feel that way.

Thanks, Louis!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home