Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Writing Life

So I'm on day number five now of the new lifestyle I officially began on Monday, May 1. In this lifestyle I write every day for two hours. This has been surprisingly hard to do, what with going to the job with Mr. pith helmet and exercising and trying to keep the apartment clean and sleep. Today I was up at 6:30. I did a brief morning meditation, did the dishes from the night before, answered some emails, watched the news, ate breakfast, then got on the train at 8:25. Worked until 2 with a 1/2 hour break where I got an iced coffee and strolled around Downtown Crossing, the Spit Capital of the Known Universe. Everybody spits there! Young ladies, old ladies, cops, bums. I almost got hit by phlegm globbers twice within a five minute period the other day. It's as if everyone thinks they're an extra on the set of Gangs of New York. Yugh.

Got home at 2:30 and had some lunch and, well, I did loaf for a bit -- until 4, when I went for a run. Did a new route and didn't get back until almost 5:45. Then I took a shower and chopped veggies for my dinner and g-dangit, it was after six. So I won't be getting two hours of writing in today. It always ends up being almost two hours. I know that I can be more vigilant about this but it's only the first week so I am trying not to beat myself up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home