Friday, June 09, 2006

Updates

So I'm home today awaiting a copyediting job with fingers crossed it will arrive in enough time for me to head to Rotter-DAMN! to hang with JoyceFrances and OSB. I could have turned the job down but as the work pays nearly 4x what the transcription work does and as I am doing my best to embrace reality now and the reality is that I need cash, I readily agreed.

I've been feeling exhausted every morning this week, including this one, when I dragged myself out the door at 6:30 to go to the gym so I could be home in time to check in with the firm that's providing the copyediting work. When I hadn't heard from them by 10:30ish I thought I could either meditate or nap and chose the latter because honestly the meditating would make me nap anyway.

Now I'm revived and at the computer. I have a whole list of places that may or may not accept freelance essays and I intend to spend some time looking at those. I've also set some initial book deadlines for myself, which is scary. It remains a struggle for me to apply the same rabid do or die energy that I do to my exercising to the writing but I shall not stop trying.

Yesterday I went back and visited sexy coffee shop man. He has now shaved his head. I personally preferred him with hair, but, no matter, I would still gladly make out with him bald. He asks folks who come to get coffee from him if they are members of the coffee club. I am a member of the coffee club and I don't recall him asking me this save a couple of times. Which begs the questions: Does he know me by sight now even though I'm only in there once a week? In which case, oh, suh-nap! I wonder if he likes me. Or, and this is just as much a possibility, does he ask me every week if I am a member and I just don't hear him because I am too busy thinking yum yum me likee and then I go ahead and order a coffee without responding, in which case I wonder if he thinks I'm crazy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home