Monday, June 05, 2006

Grrrrrrr

So I've got a kitty issue, of sorts, at the moment. Several weeks ago I was walking in a residential area of Manchvegas with a good friend. We were approached by a thin white kitty with dirty fur and scabby ears. Said kitty was very sweet and friendly. I gave her some scratches and almost picked her up to bring her back to the McPolack homestead for my parents, who had mentioned wanting another kitty. But my friend said I should wait because maybe kitty already had a home.

Today I got an email from that friend telling me that the kitty has been showing up at her apartment nearly every day. I thought, perfect! I will call McMumsy and let her know of the kitty.

Except McMumsy had changed her mind and said she didn't want another kitty and that she was in fact thinking of having my father shoot a black cat that has been showing up on their property. I am not a fan of shooting cats. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart to think of the little white kitty living all alone with her dirty fur and scabby ears.

I'm also angry with McMumsy for having a heart of ice. Angry, but not surprised. I did still tell her I loved her at the end of our phone conversation because of course I do but my own warm and smushy, cry-y heart clearly did not come from her.

I emailed a no-kill shelter and also a friend of a friend who had mentioned she was interested in a cat. I am unable to take the kitty. I'm trying not to get anxious and stressed and depressed about the fate of this little kitty but it's hard. I have nightmares sometimes that are filled with kitties who need me to look after them. Man oh man.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home