Sunday, June 04, 2006

So last night Polack Pappy...

...was sharing some of his dessert with me and the wife of the just-retired president and COO of General Mills. Yowza! She is my brother's fiancee's aunt, as it turns out. Her husband was just across the table. A contingent of Mc's and Polacks headed down from NH, swung by to pick up my sassy little self and we drove to Beacon Hill. It was snacks and bevy's (wine, cheese, and pate; seltzer for me) at the fiancee's antique-filled condo and then dinner at a long table in a really lovely room with tall candles, fine china, and a gorgeous chandelier at a French restaurant on Charles Street. Polackpappy and I managed to behave ourselves (mostly) although I did let it slip about my blog to the fiancee's mom. I'm sure she will at the very least find my writing, um, interesting.

By far the best part of the evening was at the end. My brother, with whom I have had a contentious relationship since I tried to flush him down the toilet when he was two, said I love you back to me for the first time ever.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Wow! Sounds like fun!

That is so touching about your bro. What gets me is that he just now said it back, which means you've been saying it all this time despite the contentiousness and toilet-flushing. That's awsome.

10:33 AM, June 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home